Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Should You Eat or Drink Your Fruits and Veggies? An Experiment

Should You Eat or Drink Your Fruits and Veggies? An Experiment

Eat all the way!

I've been drinking water as my main source of fluid the past few weeks and really found I'm enjoying it. I incorporate milk every day (skim cow, almond or soy), and sometimes herbal tea, and on occasion start the day with a cup of hot lemonade (~40cal). I really don't miss juice and find that I really prefer to eat the apples, oranges, pears, and bananas we have at home, which pumps up the fiber in my diet and helps me avoid a surge of sugar.

I think it is pretty atrocious how common soda, juices and other random-sugar or 0-cal sweet drinks we consume as a culture every day.

I remember having sodas and juice in the house all the time - drunk daily instead of as a treat. I'm hoping to avoid perpetuating this bad habit, and am working on starting it now. :)

No comments: