Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Planning ahead for November

Wondering what to do in November?

The weather is going to start getting cold and dreary in most of the country, but it will be beautiful here in the Bay Area. Better than the weather, the American Society of Human Genetics (ASHG) is holding its annual meeting November 6-10 in San Francisco.  And, because you are all early birds, I'm sure you'll be thrilled to come to hear me talk about diversity on the human sex chromosomes (and watch me lay down the time-keeping law as a co-moderator):


Session Number and Title: 50Population Genetics Genome-Wide
Session Date: Friday, November 09, 2012
Session Time: 8:00 AM - 10:15 AM
Location: Moscone Center, Room 134, Lower Level North


Looking forward to seeing you there!


-------

Wherever it is allowed, I'll be tweeting. And, barring any restrictions from the conference organizers (which supersede my approval), I preemptively give you all permission to tweet my talk.

4 comments:

Amit said...

I'm quite fond of this meeting, but unfortunately I won't be attending. That's great you are a co-moderator, though!

mathbionerd said...

I've never been. My work has generally been more comparative genomics, and so hasn't fit as well with ASHG, so I'm very excited!

Amit said...

Many of the bigger human genetics departments around the country have evening receptions in area hotels with free food and drink. (Check the abstract book for the schedules) My first year attending, I thought these were invitation only, but anyone can attend. Its a great way to network and make new contacts. Baylor and Emory have been my favorite in years past.

ASHG is huge, but to me at least, its like Christmas and my birthday combined. (Especially since I'm not in a HG department)

mathbionerd said...

Thanks for the heads up. I probably won't go, though. The small person I'm responsible for will likely prefer that I come home (and if she doesn't, I'm certain her dad will be ready for a break!).