Thursday, August 15, 2013

Thank you to the Bay Area Skeptics!!

Last night I had the amazing privilege to give a SkepTalk to the Bay Area Skeptics. What an amazing group of people.

The talk was about 40 minutes about "Sex, Male Bias, and Degeneration," which expanded is: Sex Chromosome Evolution, Male Biased Mutation, and Degeneration on the Y chromosome.

Everything, from the invitation, to the set-up, to the audience participation, to the questions afterwards was excellent! And everyone was so excited and engaged. There were tons and tons of questions. I think there was at least half an hour of discussion afterwards.

Near the end, one of the audience members shouted out, "So, you really do have the best job in the world!". Yes! I love science. I love communicating it. I get to do what I love every day (do I have to count revising papers?). Don't get me wrong, science isn't the easiest job in the world, but for me, it is the very best.

And, next month they're having Brian Switek come to talk about "My Beloved Brontosaurus"!! I will have to go, if for no other reason than to let Little Bear meet her favorite author.

No comments: