Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Postdoc Parent: Pants optional

The phone rang at 7:13am. It was Oxford journals calling to get my information so I could pay the fee on my most recently accepted paper. As soon as I answered the phone and found my credit card, Little Bear started fussing, and calling for me. I apologized to the person on the phone as I ran to pick up the Little Bear. She calmed down as soon as I had her, then I proceeded to give my information for payment.

Near the end of my phone call, I was still holding Little Bear. She looked down and shouted, "Mommy, you don't have any pants on!"

The person on the other end certainly heard it, but simply thanked me for providing my information, and wished me a good day. I'd like to thank that person for not calling me out on my morning pantslessness, unlike a certain 2-year-old I know. 

Sigh...


2 comments:

Trying Post-Doc said...

If it makes you feel any better:

When my daughter first learned to say, "Whoa," she saw me undress for the shower and then said, "Whoa," right before I got in.

You are not the only one. ;-)

mathbionerd said...

Haha! Thank you for sharing! Ah, they make life so much more colorful. :D